SailNet Community banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
There you have it... Mellita filtered coffee is good for your health! It tastes great too. Thanks for the article.
After this discussion at home I have switched back to the Mellita Filter with home ground coffee beans finding it a much smoother tasting brew. On the boat I'll still use my Medaglia d'Oro Instant Expresso. I enjoy the flavor and speed to make that first cup in the morning. Plus no filters or grounds to dispose of. I noticed that the La Vagabonde folks have also switched to instant for their cruises because of the disposal issues.

·
Registered
4,930 Posts
After this discussion at home I have switched back to the Mellita Filter with home ground coffee beans finding it a much smoother tasting brew. On the boat I'll still use my Medaglia d'Oro Instant Expresso. I enjoy the flavor and speed to make that first cup in the morning. Plus no filters or grounds to dispose of. I noticed that the La Vagabonde folks have also switched to instant for their cruises because of the disposal issues.
I use an espresso grind and get a very robust smooth cuppa. Disposal of filters is a PITA... I reuse for 2nd cup w/ more coffee. Doesn't take much ground coffee at all... hardly a heaping teaspoon. At home I have a Japanese electric kettle... boils very fast... don't waste gas or burn kettles when I get distracted.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts