SailNet Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - it''s that time of year again! I would like to crew for you on the Baha Haha. I''m new at it but I''ve done the Beer Cans Races, crusing to Ensenada and day sails. I''ve taken coast guard classes in sailing and navigation. I''ve got a good sence of humor, easy to get along with. (and I can cook alittle!!!) Contact me here.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hello! I am also looking to crew ffor the Baha-Haha. I have participated in the beer can races as well...I am also a newbie....but my background is 5 years in the USCG--stationed Goden Gate and Kodiak where I crewed on several different vessels. So, I don't mind orders, work very hard, and of course have spent many hours in the galley. I am fun, and very energetic, love good wine and great conversation. Love fishing, swimming, surfing and just about anything else that has to do with water. I now work in the fitness industry. Happy to be the resident crew Yoga/pilates instructor. Don't hesitate to contact me....

·
Telstar 28
1,000 Posts
Barbara—

I'd highly recommend you read the POST in my signature to help you get the most out of your time here. It has tips on searching sailnet, writing a good post, etc.. Welcome to the asylum.

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
I didn't think either of them was serious.......
:)
But, if they are, I just want to add that I'm handsome and charming, and I'll crew for hollywood starlets, women's volleyball teams, lonely playmates etc.

·
Registered
801 Posts
I didn't think either of them was serious.......
:)
But, if they are, I just want to add that I'm handsome and charming, and I'll crew for hollywood starlets, women's volleyball teams, lonely playmates etc.

:( My wife already told me "No Way".... I can't do those things. hahaha

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Baha...humbug

Thanks for your reply, and so sorry to misspel Golden Gate...I guess that anyone reading these posts could fugure it was an accident. Anywho, I'll take that advice and look into some other spots. Again, I am happy and appreciative of any other hints on how to get out there. See ya!

·
Midwest Puddle Pirate
2,160 Posts
Damn Smacky couldn't you find something better to do with your evening? Never mind, I forgot. Texas.

·
Telstar 28
1,000 Posts
Rick—

You can DO those things, however, it might be somewhat unhealthy for you when your wife finds out you're doing them. :)
:( My wife already told me "No Way".... I can't do those things. hahaha

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Sorry Barbara, I thought you weren't real, just an internet tease.
Keep sailing, racing, meeting people with boats, you'll find your crew spots.
I'm a CG vet too. Welcome aboard.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you, and yes I'm for real. I am not the strongest in spellcheck...always in a hurry....I will keep posting and looking to crew...keep me in mind? You know as an ex seaman...I don't mind anything that looks and sounds like work, so long as I get a ride on the seas. Thanks for the kind welcome.

·
Telstar 28
1,000 Posts
If you're seriously looking to crew, checking the rally websites is probably an excellent idea... since many boats on the rallies, like the Baha HAHA are often looking for crew. Of course, if you know someone going either as captain or crew, it would simplify things incredibly, so hanging out at the local sailing clubs/yacht clubs is probably a good idea too.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sick of Sailingdog's "read my post" message

Reader Poll:
How many are sick of Sailingdog's compulsive read my old boring schoolteacher post?

·
Telstar 28
1,000 Posts
BITE ME, bastardo sujo...

Reader Poll:
How many are sick of Sailingdog's compulsive read my old boring schoolteacher post?
just made my ignore list.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts