SailNet Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bahama''''s Bound and need help!

My wife and I are trying to plan a bahama''s summer. If anybody could point me in the right direction for info on small boat cruising (montego 26)in that area it would be a great help. We have the entire summer so times not a problem. I have to bring the boat east from galveston bay texas and am considering leaving it in florida. I have been told slips are hard to come by?
Thak you all for your help.
john.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Bob, Yes i do think it''s the same boat. And your right about it being big for a 25. I would love to go down earlier, but have school to deal with. Might be able to start in late april??? would that be a better time?
KP, you bet I''ll stay in touch.

Thank you all for the info so far.

John

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Bob, thank you for the info on the montego. I have an outboard currently 15hp high thrust honda. Moves the boat along super. Fuel has not really been a problem, as a matter of fact I have been surprised how far a 5 gallon gas can will take us and I can carry alot more than that. As for the water supply your right. 20 gallons is all it''s got. Thats one of the changes we are considering making along with fuel and black water tanks, but wanted to know what the designer suggested. how did yours sail? It doesn''t head up as well as I would like, might be something I''m doing.

Thank you again.

John

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.