SailNet Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Just a side note about getting stuck in Bimini.

If you want to get out of Bimini and enjoy a quiet anchorage while you wait to cross the Banks, try anchoring in the bay between North and South Cat Cays. I was able to snorkel for lobster and conch and enjoy some great beach combing on S. Cat while the wind howled out of the E-NE. I had the anchorage to myself.

Have a safe crossing!

·
Registered
286 Posts
Chris,

Great video and blog. Looking forward to reading more about your adventures in paradise. The folks bouncing around in your video look like folks who have a schedule to meet.

Your current experience with weather and how it can affect travel schedules is a good reminder that Mother Nature rules supreme and that we are always subject to her will. "Hurry up and wait" pretty much describes cruising in the Bahamas this time of year.

As you've been stuck in South Bimini for awhile, I bet you've walked over to the South Bimini Yacht Club for a meal and a couple Kaliks. Is Percy still running the place and is the beer still ice cold?

I spent a fair amount of time there a few years ago and did some scuba diving with them off Bimini and Chub Cay, when they operated a shop there.

Anyway, wait for the right weather and have a safe crossing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.