SailNet Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for radio frequencies and times for marine weather forecasts in English that covers La Paz, Mexico area.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Mexico does not have nautical weather reports. The best bet is Ham cruiser nets. There are three of them that provide weather forecasts of the Sea of Cortez. While in La Paz, the Cruiser''s net on VHF hand down the ham forecasts to the fleet.

Email me directly and I''ll send you the ham frequencies to monitor. You''ll need an HF receiver to listen in.

Cheers Bob S/V Cherokee

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bob, thanks for you note on getting weather in La Paz. I assumed the ham net was the only thing available. The only freq I had was 7238Khz at 0800. Do you know of anything else?

Bruce
S/V Berth Rite
W2GPP

·
Registered
8 Posts
Bruce,
I was mistaken about the number of moblile cruising nets operating in the Sea of Cortez. There are five. For net frequencies and other important stuff, tune in to wibe site cruisecortez.com. This site is the most informative for the Sea of Cortez. Detailed descriptions of various ports of call and anchorages are available. Communications and documentation is discussed in detail. Net weather of major airports is also available linked to this site.

I hope this helps.-----Cheers Bob S/V Cherokee

1 - 4 of 4 Posts