SailNet Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I wonder if anybody has any info about Baltic 42 C&C design. It looks like not to many of them were build.
Baltic also built 42 footer designed by Doug Peterson which looks similar.
I wonder about quality of B42 C&C, sailing characteristic etc…
I am very interested if anybody has any info about these boats.

Thank you,

Maciej

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Quality of both is very high... The Baltic guys broke off from Nautor. A couple of things... these are now fairly old boats. The condition you find them in will vary greatly as will the price. If the teak deck is done, you'll need to consider what you're going to do as re-teaking a 42' boat is going to be 60k and up. Like the old Swans, the big three are: condition of the deck, condition of the rig, and condition of the engine. If those are covered, you'll have a great boat.

oops.... very old post.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Quality of both is very high... The Baltic guys broke off from Nautor. A couple of things... these are now fairly old boats. The condition you find them in will vary greatly as will the price. If the teak deck is done, you'll need to consider what you're going to do as re-teaking a 42' boat is going to be 60k and up. Like the old Swans, the big three are: condition of the deck, condition of the rig, and condition of the engine. If those are covered, you'll have a great boat.
Thanks Puddin'.

It's the cored hull/deck that concerns me the most. What's to come of these aging boats?

oops.... very old post.
Is it better to start anew?

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Thanks Puddin'.

It's the cored hull/deck that concerns me the most. What's to come of these aging boats?
I'm still happily sailing one. We've replace some deck core, but it was well worth it as we have a great now 23 year old boat that is nice to cruise in and very competitive in PHRF at well less than half the price of an equivalent new boat. It all depends on how previous owners' maintained them.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Thanks again Puddin'!
Just to clarify, we don't have a C&C Baltic, but I certainly wouldn't let cored hull and or decks scare me away if that were the boat that I wanted. We did look at one locally, but the PO had installed a new saildrive engine with no discernable means of accessing anything other than the front of the engine, yet alone really being able to look at the seal. The broker didn't know how to get to it, so we said 'thanks' and walked.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts