SailNet Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 31 I bought a few years ago had a behind mast furler put on when new. I hated the thing and this year bought a new mast from LeFeil. The original sail had never been used but there are no battens and Ullman isn't much help with size. There should be four full length battens.

Does anyone have theirs laying around and can tell me the lengths (including end cap), width and end cap size (width)? I realize I can buy and cut about anything but I'd like to get this as close to original as practical. Thanks for your help.

·
Not So Senior Member
2,506 Posts
where are you located? if you are close to any sail loft (doesn't have to be Ullman) you can just take the main in and they'll measure you up for new battens and cut you a set. it's hard to expect Ullman to know exactly the length you need because every sail isn't cut the same, and as years go by different sail shapes come into favor. Who knows, maybe your roach is more or less full than an Ullman sail that was made in more recent years.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ullman sails (through Mauri Pro) sold me battens but their only 3/4" and fit very loosely in the batten pocket. They told me the original equipment was 3/4" batten but I imagine they are closer to 1 1/8".

Could someone with a 31 or 34 that had an original Ullman sail please advise me if this is the correct width?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts