SailNet Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
5,006 Posts
Agree with Cam and some of the others, probably dead.

When the battery is discharged for a long time they sulfate and it is impossible to get rid of once it has happened. Someone above (apologies for not checking to see who) mentioned a device to desulfate batteries, I've read they are ineffective, but the poster seems to have direct knowledge to the contrary. I wouldn't waste my money, it is the nature of lead acid batteries that they sulfate when discharged for long periods of time. Too bad nickle-iron batteries are so expensive.

Try attaching a small solar panel to them next time to keep them charged.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
5,006 Posts
I'd believe what Trayfors says just because it is Trayfors saying it, he's been straight with us so many times before that I don't really need any further proof, his opinion is good enough.

I think the desulfate device falls under the category of "things that would be so cool if they existed that someone can always make a buck selling them whether they work or not".
 
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top