SailNet Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
996 Posts
All of the REAL tests of the various magical pulse desulfators including a series by our own esteemed Bill Trayfors have found the devices worthless.
Don't believe ANYONE who tells you different. If the battery cannot be revived by equalization it cannot be revived by a "desulfator".
Here's what Bill commented elsewhere:

And, after over 18 months of testing the little pulsers mentioned above (which are NOT chargers, by the way) -- including the PulseTech models, of which I own several -- I don't have much faith in their claims to work as desulfators and to restore lost capacity. We found that after over a year of "treatment" with these desulfators, and vigorous exercising of the flooded and gelled golf-cart batteries under test, very little change in capacity occured. However, the flooded batteries were equalized a couple of times, and exhibited a significant increase in capacity.

·
996 Posts
Sigh....OK...I give up...go buy one. Don't believe me or Trayfors or RICK over on CF who does this stuff for a living and actually designed the Link monitors among other things. Just believe what you want to and waste your money and be sure to get a crystal to hang from the cunningham tool (they change the resonant frequency of sailcloth and provide an improved laminar flow. You can tell it is working when the wind in your sails sounds like OMMMMMMMMMMM. )

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.