SailNet Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Midwest Puddle Pirate
2,160 Posts
Reaction score
My boat's not ugly. In fact I'm often introduced as "the guy with the prettiest boat in the club". It sails well too. I found myself in our annual "around Perry (lake) alone" race, way overcanvassed. I sailed along at 45 degrees or more, drinking a coke and eating chips with the wheel brake on. I wasn't going fast heeling like that, but I wasn't scared for my life either.

Are there ugly and possibly unseaworthy Buccs? there sure are. Are there unseaworthy and ugly boats made by "good" manufacturers? you bet.

One thing is for sure, Bucc owners love their boats and will defend them to the death. I know I love mine.

· Midwest Puddle Pirate
2,160 Posts
Reaction score
I'm trying to remember what they guy across from me has. It's an older big name boat, about 26-28 feet. It makes the ugliest bucc look sleek. It might be damn near unsinkable, I don't know. I do know that even the boats designer would have a hard time loving that one. When I figure it out I'll find a pic.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.