SailNet Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
23 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is now a homepage available highlighting the venerable Bayliner Buccaneer series of coastal cruisers.
Goto www.geocities.com/buccaneersailboats
to find out more about these underrated and financially accessable sailboats.

· Registered
23 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
In the 4 years I have owned her, in the typical sailing conditions (good weather, winds 8-17MPH, seas 2-6 ft)I have sailed her in my local sailing area (Atlantic Ocean, generaly no more than 4 miles from the beach, or the Great South Bay, and one trip to Manhatten)I have found her to be a very stable and comfortable vessel. If you have personally sailed on a Buccaneer 285 model and didn''t feel safe...you think it will turn turtle under "reasonable conditions for the vessel" don''t sail one. Good for you. Enjoy your boat. Have a great time.
I am happy with what I have. I enjoy my boat. I feel it is ideal for the way I use it and the budget I have. We both enjoy sailing.
Good luck to you. Have a nice life.

· Registered
23 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Now I understand! You''ve mixed up the boats I''m talking about...the venerable Bayliner Buccaneer, made by U.S. Marine with something called a buccanner. I am not familiar with a buccanner Mike, so maybe you''re right.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.