SailNet Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would appreciate some input on marinas in, or within an hours commute to Bayonne.

The economy last year devastated my new business. After 2 years of supporting it. The business was finally make a mad dash at profit, and I had to hire help. Then the down economy kicked in last summer, and I am back to the beginning.

I have for the last couple of month set into motion a plan to sail to the Philippines, and retire with what's left. I had hoped to leave around Christmas, and take about 8 months to get to the Philippines.

Monkey wrench thrown into the gears of my plan. Yesterday I got a job offer in Bayonne. The money is huge, and can refill my emptied coffers in a couple of years of hardwork.

My problem being is that I refuse to leave Imagine in Florida, or anywhere without me. I am looking for a marina, or berth of any kind that would give me a short to one hour commute to Bayonne. It of course would need to be a live aboard situation. Imagine is a 46ft. cat, so that needs to be taken into consideration......thanks in advance.......i2f

·
Well-wisher
75 Posts
Your best bets are either Liberty Landing or Liberty Harbor in Jersey City, which is a mile away from Bayonne. Liberty Harbor specifically prohibits liveaboards, but people do from time to time. The marina is in decline and I think if you kept quiet, they wouldn't say much. Liberty Landing has quite a few liveaboards, but I don't know if the marina knows.

The next options would be farther down the Jersey Coast or the 79th St Boat Basin in NY. Given the size of the boat, the Boat Basin isn't a likely option and the Jersey Coast isn't so friendly to liveaboards.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks,

I found Liberty Harbor, Landing, and the Boat Basin. So far the Landing looks the most promising, but I am willing to commute an hour give, or take. Any, and all ideas are appreciated......i2f

1 - 3 of 3 Posts