SailNet Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the afternoon off and headed out with my daughters. Wind was out of the WSW at 10-15 kts, the temp a nice balmy 77F. That's right! December 19, 2008, and it's 77F! You guys north of the Mason-
Dixon got that?

Anyway, here are a couple of good videos. My youngest daughter Georgie is one of the most reserved seven-year-olds you'll ever meet, but she unleashes her inner-crazy kid in the second. It's funny as all get-out to me...

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Hawg,

Thanks for sharing your wonderful 77F sunny videos . :) It was 28F and snowed all day here.:eek: I have one thing to say to you.

BITE ME!!!!!!!:D

·
Thanks Courtney.
3,954 Posts
hog- Thanks dude! I spent the day shoveling out the 3 feet of snow the f-ing plow guy dumped in the end of my drive-way for the forth time today and you, your posting lovely little sailing videos with the family!!!!!!!!!

YOU SUCK.;)

·
Super Fuzzy Moderator
17,137 Posts
Took the afternoon off and headed out with my daughters. Wind was out of the WSW at 10-15 kts, the temp a nice balmy 77F. That's right! December 19, 2008, and it's 77F! You guys north of the Mason-
Dixon got that?

Anyway, here are a couple of good videos. My youngest daughter Georgie is one of the most reserved seven-year-olds you'll ever meet, but she unleashes her inner-crazy kid in the second. It's funny as all get-out to me...

Ha...forgot you were down south...for some reason I always think of you as being one of the PNWers.......sorry about that Jeeves....

·
Telstar 28
1,000 Posts
Hog—

I used to think you were a nice piggy...but you really SUCK. We've got about a foot of snow falling at the moment.

·
Courtney the Dancer
3,971 Posts
Hey, we had a day just like that. Sunny, 15-20K breeze, 57 frigging degrees colder though. My kid and his wife just passed by you yesterday on their way south on the ICW, glad they are getting some good weather. They said it's been pretty foggy in the am though.

John

·
Registered
122 Posts
Dixon got that?

Plan on doing the same tomorrow. Should only be around 60 but that'll be ok. After all it is almost Christmas.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I'm not even going to talk about the teasing aspect -- we have 6+ inches of snow here, with just as much to come. Two straight weeks of skiing isn't a bad compromise, though.

What hit me is that I'm glad we're not the only boat with electronics attached to a board that's attached to the pedestal guard. Hey, it works! Still trying to decide where/how I really want it.

Crazy kids, well, I can match you there.

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hawg...it was a wonderful day for a sail today. Tell me...what is your secret for maintaining such perfect foil shape on the mainsail? :D
Where are the moderators when you need them? I'd like to report this post! Hey Cam! Merry Christmas to you, you %$#&*%$$^***!

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
Hog, Im booking a flight!

·
Registered
122 Posts
More Therapy anyone...

Afternoon sail on the Pamlico River, just outside of Washington, NC on Dec 20, 2008. . Temperatue was about 60 and overcast with light winds around 7-8 knots. Made for a great day. :) :) :)

Merry Christmas.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts