SailNet Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Vikingsailor
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have someplace to live when all this *&$(#&(*@#&$ rain in Maine floods the state!

Could be my almost overwhelming desire to get some sunny sailing time in at the beginning of the season, but I swear, I haven't seen a stretch of rainy weather like this in a LONG time.

I don't mind showers...but these downpours for days on end are getting ridiculous.

My mold has mold.

Sorry for the rant...

·
Vikingsailor
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Same here! Brought my boat from Rockland to Friendship Weds. Beautiful day (tease tease tease)!

Sailing was good, though the wind was on the nose for almost the whole trip.

Still...especially considering the weather this spring...it was an EXCELLENT day.

The radar shows what may be a band of clearing tomorrow afternoon...could be a small window to get in some sail time.

·
Vikingsailor
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't mind a little rain...but days and days of dreary, cold showers interspersed with torrential downpours is getting old.

Now, the forecast has changed and there are NO sunny days forecast next week.

I'll be looking for any letup...showers or no.

Look! Penicillin!

·
Vikingsailor
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My father has a conspiracy theory regarding the weather forecasters here in Maine.

Because Maine relies heavily on tourist dollars, it would not do to have tourists rethink their plans and stay home due to crappy forecasts (especially on the weekends).

So, the State of Maine uses tax dollars to pay off weather forecasters to hint that the weekends might not be as bad and the sun probably will come out (this is called "Partly Cloudy").

Seems the long range forecast this coming week calls for the sun finally reappearing Friday, with nice weather Sat.

Hmmm....

Well...the wind is blowing, it's not pouring...I'm going sailing.

·
Vikingsailor
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Another benefit!

All this rain has done something else. It's made this year's crop of mosquitoes horrendous. I constantly feel weak because of blood loss, whenever I spend any time outside.

EXCEPT...on the boat! No bugs on the water...at least where I am. Must be the low food supply. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Is it wrong to get a perverse sense of pleasure from sucking up mosquitoes and black flies with the shop vac?

·
Vikingsailor
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!!!!

What is it??? Is it the Apocalypse???

Something...bright...in the sky!!! Warm! Shining! What? What?

·
Vikingsailor
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
The nice thing about Long Island Sound is that if you don't like the weather just wait an hour and it will probably change.
Hey...that's what they say about Maine! Except...it hasn't changed much for the past 2 months. Lots of rain, interspersed with a day and a half of sun.

I don't mind a little rain...cools things off, waters the gardens, cleans off dust...but...days and days and days...it's too much. My mold has mold.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.