SailNet Community banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Vikingsailor
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
The nice thing about Long Island Sound is that if you don't like the weather just wait an hour and it will probably change.
Hey...that's what they say about Maine! Except...it hasn't changed much for the past 2 months. Lots of rain, interspersed with a day and a half of sun.

I don't mind a little rain...cools things off, waters the gardens, cleans off dust...but...days and days and days...it's too much. My mold has mold.

·
Telstar 28
992 Posts
LOL....
Yesterday was my first sail with a non-profit group that has three small boats and takes out handicap and other disadvantaged people to experience the water. They are checking me out to see if I can captain for them. On my second sail of the day it was starting to get a little chilly and looked liked it might rain. We had about five people and an counselor from a group home. The home resident sitting next to me, a girl about 20 but seems more like 10, had a hard time focusing on the positive. She started complaining about being cold, so I lent her a shirt. Then she started asking to go back because it might rain.

So I ask her in a low conspiratorial voice. "Did you see the movie?" She said "What movie". I said, "According to the movie unless you are a witch and melt in the rain there shouldn't be any problem. So are you like the witch or Dorthy?
After that she didn't give us any trouble and it didn't rain until three hours after we got back.

The nice thing about Long Island Sound is that if you don't like the weather just wait an hour and it will probably change.

·
Telstar 28
992 Posts
Sailed yesterday, in the fog... didn't sail today.. :(

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.