SailNet Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm looking for a replacement door for a vanity cabinet on my Beneteau 400. The size is 11 5/16 x 11 7/8 in.

Thanks!
Tamas

Attachments

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Welcome aboard! Nice to see other B400 owners on the site. What year/configuration is yours?

If you haven't tried spareparts.beneteauusa.com yet, that would be your best place to start. It's surprising how many original parts are still available, but not everything. Failing that, I'd call Ward Richardson at Beneteau USA Customer Service (843-629-5300). If he can't help, you might have to make a new door from scratch (or have one made by someone handy with fiberglass work). The existing door could be used to make a mold.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you 4arch!

Mine is a 1993 Moorings 405, 3 cabin layout. I got her in October, I've been working on her since then. I'm in Deltaville, so I might see you around in the Bay!

I found the part at their website, though it's on back order... Thanks for the tip! I searched the site before, it's pretty hard to navigate...

Welcome aboard! Nice to see other B400 owners on the site. What year/configuration is yours?

If you haven't tried spareparts.beneteauusa.com yet, that would be your best place to start. It's surprising how many original parts are still available, but not everything. Failing that, I'd call Ward Richardson at Beneteau USA Customer Service (843-629-5300). If he can't help, you might have to make a new door from scratch (or have one made by someone handy with fiberglass work). The existing door could be used to make a mold.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Thank you 4arch!

Mine is a 1993 Moorings 405, 3 cabin layout. I got her in October, I've been working on her since then. I'm in Deltaville, so I might see you around in the Bay!

I found the part at their website, though it's on back order... Thanks for the tip! I searched the site before, it's pretty hard to navigate...
Mine is also a 1993, but the 2 cabin layout. Have had her 4 years, enjoying every minute of cruising up and down the Chesapeake. A very solid and well thought out boat. The Beneteau parts website is hugely frustrating but its a great resource. It's worth spending some picking through it when you have a chance. The diagrams they have are great for getting a better understanding of how the boat goes together. If you need a copy of the B400 owners manual, I have it. If your boat has the Perkins M50 engine, I also have a PDF of the workshop manual. Best of luck with your projects and hope to see you out there!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the offer, I have a pdf of the manual. My engine is a 2011 Yanmar. Thanks!

Mine is also a 1993, but the 2 cabin layout. Have had her 4 years, enjoying every minute of cruising up and down the Chesapeake. A very solid and well thought out boat. The Beneteau parts website is hugely frustrating but its a great resource. It's worth spending some picking through it when you have a chance. The diagrams they have are great for getting a better understanding of how the boat goes together. If you need a copy of the B400 owners manual, I have it. If your boat has the Perkins M50 engine, I also have a PDF of the workshop manual. Best of luck with your projects and hope to see you out there!

·
Barquito
3,733 Posts
Would probably be cheapest to just make a couple doors yourself. Could do interesting things like putting a mirror on the front, or shallow shelving on the inside. Finding an exact replacement would be the simple solution (and maybe not too $$).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I found the door for $38, I think that's fairly reasonable.

Thanks,
Tamas

Would probably be cheapest to just make a couple doors yourself. Could do interesting things like putting a mirror on the front, or shallow shelving on the inside. Finding an exact replacement would be the simple solution (and maybe not too $$).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts