SailNet Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The search for a blue water boat goes on. I realize this boat is not exactly the archetypical blue water boat but she is so darn gorgeous and fast that she may make up for anything she may lack.

Can anyone out there speak to the build quality and durability of these boats. I know of one that just rounded the horn on her way to Alaska.

Any other comments would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
S/V HyLyte,

Thank you for your insightfull comments. How do you think the boat would handle in very rough seas? You say the boat is tough..."shoot house tough" in fact....would you put it in the same class as a Valiant or other purpose built, blue water cruiser?

That is really the only issue I have with this boat. Alot of Beneteaus are built too light for true blue water sailing. I want a boat that will handle the toughest of weather and not have to worry about it breaking, at least no more than a true blue water cruiser.

This boat is in bristol condition but light on equipment. It was used as a coastal cruiser.

Would you mind if I sent you some questions directly to yuor handle?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.