SailNet Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spent the night recently in Still Pond off the Chesapeake and anchored uneventfully in the muddy bottom. I set the steel Danforth by backing down on it, put plenty of rode out and spent a pleasant night. No storms or high winds. I do not think we swung in an especially wide arch. Next morning I did have some trouble getting the anchor out. No windlass so it was mostly by hand but did use the throttle to help. When the anchor finally came up it was covered in a ball of black mud. Was not until I got back to the dock that I saw the anchor shaft was bent laterally about 5 - 10 degrees. It is hard for me to believe I put that much force on the anchor but it certainly is bent. Trying to figure out if I did something wrong with my anchoring/retrieving or if this just happens sometimes. Also wondering if I can use it bent as is or if it should be fixed or replaced. Boat is 32' and displaces about 8000 lbs.
Appreciate any helpful suggestions.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.