SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Best book to have for coastal sailing.

2K views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  Donna_F 
#1 ·
I plan to sail mostly from tampa to the keys. I would like to know the best book to get for information. Looking for info on marinas, coves to anchor and places to get supplys easy. I see there is a few out there but would like to know what others are using that work well.:cool:

#3 ·
#4 ·
I keep a copy of the Florida Cruising Directory on the boat. Contains great info on all of Florida,

Index

I buy an updated version every few years. Also has some info for the Bahamas and crossing lake Okeechobee.

#9 ·
Active Captain is a good source, however, a book is good to have for those times when internet is not available. And on a small boat you probably won't have the power resources to keep electronics running and/or charged off of your battery. So even though AC reviews (I believe) download to your phone or laptop, there may be times when you don't want to turn them on in order to save them for emergencies.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.