SailNet Community banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Annapolis show is huge. Much, much larger than Newport show. I have not been to the others but Annapolis show bills itself as the largest in the country.

(Newport is power and sail. In Annapolis, those are two separate shows.)

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
I have been to the Miami and the Annapolis show. IMHO the Miami show is larger but we did attend the shows 15 years apart. Maybe the recent economy had something to to with the smaller Annapolis show.

·
Daniel - Norsea 27
1,256 Posts
I've been to the Southwest boat show in Texas a couple times (2yrs apart), just because I happened to be in the area during them. But went to Annapolis last Oct. and had a good time. It was pretty big and plenty to see, but not much I can compare it to. I would be interested in going again some time.

·
Bristol 45.5 - AiniA
4,525 Posts
Annapolis is terrific. The 'National' Boat Show in NYC is pathetic - foolish me thought it was going to be good. Happened to be in London once when the boat show was on. The show itself was nothing special (although I did end up on the Oyster NA mailing list) but the exhibit hall backs onto the Thames so you could tour a destroyer (frigate or whatever) and one of Robin Knox-Johnston's (Chay Blyth's?) around the world race boats.

·
islander bahama 24
1,842 Posts
newhaul,

The one this week is on water only. The one in January, or february is on land at the foot ball stadium and along with on water at lake Union.

Marty
Marty that's correct thanks for reminding me things have been strained in my house lately my minds not thinking to clear

·
Registered
140 Posts
I work both the Miami and Ft. Lauderdale shows.
Miami has a pretty good selection of sailboats. Ft. Lauderdale not so much.
I've always heard that Annapolis was the sailboat show but I've never been to it.
For general boat stuff, it's hard to beat Miami. Miami doesn't meet your criteria of before the end of year.

·
Sea Sprite 23 #110 (20)
3,217 Posts
well.. I can tell you the Atlantic City Boat Show sucks.. not enough vendors, and only 6 sail boats last year. The only reason I would go again, I get to go for free because I do work there as a stagehand

·
2,447 Posts
well.. I can tell you the Atlantic City Boat Show sucks.. not enough vendors, and only 6 sail boats last year. The only reason I would go again, I get to go for free because I do work there as a stagehand
We do AC every year for the mid-winter boat break.

But Annapolis hands down; we usually go to Annapolis for a couple of days...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.