SailNet Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Afternoon All.
I'm currently looking into taking an intensive course Yachtmaster course to learn how to sail. I have decided to start with a combined course of Day Skipper and Yatchmaster Coastal, with a view to move on to Offshore and Ocean in the future.
As you know, there are lots of companies in lots of locations that offer these courses, and as a complete novice, I'm a little lost. I'm not even sure what to look for, what differences are the between an ok course and a great one?
I will be looking to start the course in April, but I'm open to the idea of waiting if advise to do so due to the weather ect.
I much prefer the idea of 8 weeks in the sun.
I have been speaking to a company that operates from Gibraltar. The course will take me to Spain, Portugal and North Africa.
I have also considered going to the Caribbean. I'm a PADI Divemaster and would love the opportunity to dive occasionally if possible.
Any and all advice and recommendations will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Jared.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I wish someone could compare all the options for training. The above ASA coast guard etc etc.

Well I imagine its been done but I'm not a good searcher -- any help?

Had some basic training then went sailing for 15 years then was out of the game for the most part for a second 15 years except a few charters and now getting back into it.

Probably not going to do anything commercial but there is a chance that down the road I may instruct or do some small boat delivery.

I think just basic is what I need now but it would sure be nice if it could be used later if I go beyond basic???

1 - 2 of 2 Posts