SailNet Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, I've just done a competent crew course and it was so good that I now want to move onto day skipper. Is it a good idea to do that next or should I get some more experience first? Where's the best place to to a day skipper course? Is it a good idea to do it in April in the UK?

I'm looking for a very small class size with high quality tuition and an individual berth as I had on the comp crew course. I would also like to sail to lots of different places.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also, If anyone is looking for a sailing school as I am then I highly recommend Hercules sailing in Gibraltar because they are brilliant. However, I've not sailed in the UK before so am looking for a change of scenery and Gibraltar is more expensive to get to. My other option is to find people to sail with in the UK to see what it's like, then decide whether I want to go back to Gibraltar for day skipper. What do you think?

·
Registered
795 Posts
Do it somewhere with tides and shipping like the Solent...lots of good schools like BOSS. Four is the maximum number of students on a RYA Day Skipper course.

And yes, nice and cold and windy in April...great fun and experience.

Good Luck Phil

1 - 4 of 4 Posts