SailNet Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When is the best time to buy a new autopilot? I have seen 15% off all WM purchases during thanksgiving. Is now the best time, or will I see prices drop in spring?

Thanks...

·
Registered
7,296 Posts
As soon as you think you found the BEST deal, another on better will show up next week!

So buy the one you want, when you think you have the best deal, and call it a day, while using it for that week/month that you have it to use!

marty

·
Registered
125 Posts
15% seems like as good a deal as you are likely to get. I always try and get things for 10%-15% discount. half the time just asking for it I get it .. not boat stuff mind you im just starting to buy boat stuff. and probably you should take the deal when it shows.

·
Sailor
928 Posts
Try BOEMarine.com they have excellent prices and service!

Tod

·
no longer reading SailNet
2,309 Posts
I bought my autopilot (Raymarine SPX5 wheel pilot) at last year's Defender sale in April. The upgraded version (Raymarine EV-100) is being sold by Defender right now for the same price as what I paid last spring: $1,339.49

I looked for a 6 month period and don't think you'll see it cheaper than that.

Since today is Buy Nothing Day I guess I'd recommend buying it this weekend.

·
Registered
6,707 Posts
Best time is when you can no longer come up with a crew, can no longer balance your sails or figure out how to lash a line to the wheel or tiller

Or, now while its the off season

1 - 11 of 11 Posts