SailNet Community banner

3161 - 3180 of 3327 Posts

·
Banned
17,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,162 (Edited)
Good Afternoon:

We take Crishelle (a 1969 Chris Craft Apache 37 sloop)out whenever we have small craft warnings on the Chesapeake. Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeOzd4dFLuY

Moe
Holy crap Moe - that's freakin' awesome! I'd say the SNers are seriously bringing it this season! As you said, "Woo baby!!!"

That's what it's all about.

·
Registered
21,671 Posts
I need something in context here. Is BFS a commercial sponsor of this site? BFS is indisputably a commercial enterprise. Happy to post the Texas dept of state incorporation records, if that's in dispute.

If so, it's clearer to me why Smack has so much time and energy to provoke "epic" threads.

If not, what's with the sig line link to it's website, trademarked pics, and thread title. All look like advertising to me.

Either is fine, I'm just trying to understand if we're all interacting with a fellow sailor or someone with a business motive?
24 hours of crickets........

I will keep asking.

·
Less Senior Senior Member
1,443 Posts
I need something in context here. Is BFS a commercial sponsor of this site? BFS is indisputably a commercial enterprise. Happy to post the Texas dept of state incorporation records, if that's in dispute.

If so, it's clearer to me why Smack has so much time and energy to provoke "epic" threads.

If not, what's with the sig line link to it's website, trademarked pics, and thread title. All look like advertising to me.

Either is fine, I'm just trying to understand if we're all interacting with a fellow sailor or someone with a business motive?
24 hours of crickets........

I will keep asking.
Sounds like a legit question to me. Just because it was sparked by finally getting fed up with his BS doesn't change its validity.

·
Registered
21,671 Posts
Do you make Smack pay rent for the space you allow him to occupy in your mind.....jeez man, give it a rest, get a hobby, go sailing...cheers :)
Just looking for context, as I said. Either answer is fine.

I would like to know if my input is essentially being used to fuel a business model, or I'm just having a dockside conversation.

I understand I'm fueling SN's business model, we all are. We can decide whether or not we wish to provide content with that understanding.

However, BFS is vague. If I'm buying or supporting a product, by engaging in Smack's epic thread, I should know.

·
HANUMAN
2,836 Posts
It seems clear that Smack is promiting his online BFS logo garb.

The logo he stamps on everyone's post is the same one he sells.

The link to his "store" is at the bottom of every post.

Does it break the rules here? He's been doing it long enough and the moderators don't seem to care so he must not be breaking any rules.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Taking a reef....pretty good for that sailor's first try. I would have been back in my bunk at the 4:00 minute mark. I would not have that mess of lines flying about. Nothing good can come of that mess. Nor have that big laundry bag along the boom flying out in the wind. My reefed mainsail foot would be lashed to the boom. What happens when a wave fills that floppy bag? At what windspeed does it turn itself to shreds? Yikes.

Did the sailor tighten the outhaul before the halyard? Does that work? Looks like he let far too much halyard go.

The spray is enjoyable between the tropics. Not so much elsewhere.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Another test sail for my new (used) storm jib. NOAA reported 38 knots (Point Wilson) and 45 knot gusts (Port Townsend Ferry dock).

Sailing was manageable. I moved the dinghy from the davit to the cabin trunk expecting a change in sail balance - none noticed. Boat still held courses with the helm locked.

Returning to the marina was at the limit of what I would attempt as the risk of damaging other persons boats was significant. It all worked out fine by tying to the easily accessed fuel dock until the gale passed.

Steve

·
Registered
991 Posts
Lazy day on the Hunter 18...a little "heave to" for a lunch break and to find the Auburn football broadcast, a downwind run wing-and-wing
Nice pics...looks like a beautiful day on the water. Wish the game had turned out differently, though. War Eagle.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Yes it sure was...and as you suggest, a better game result would have been nice. My brother's wishing they'd have held off on the new giant Jumbo-tron and instead have that money handy for coach buy-outs!

Funny thing, though: a sweet fall day on the water makes for a good salve on the wound. Helped me get over it pretty quickly ��

Ah yes - the famous foot-steer. Very nice Slugs!
LOL... had to do something to hold the rudder while I tuned the radio. Since I was all out of hands, I figured a foot would have to do (and seemed a little more expedient than lashing the tiller to a cleat)

·
Banned
17,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,179
Oh boy, the multi dudes are not going to be happy. How about a race between a heavy mono and a light performance cat?

53 foot Amel Super Maramu vs. Barramundi 470 Custom Cat

And the cat is humiliated????? Ouch.

3161 - 3180 of 3327 Posts