SailNet Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
I'm sure you will get a variety of opinions, but I can tell you what I actually did. I used some leftover Interlux Brightsides, because, well, it was left over. It has been in an often wet and neglected bilge for eight years now and none of it has flaked off, worn off, etc. I did zero prep other than a thorough cleaning. UV is the biggest destoyer of paint. The bilge is actually a fairly benign place for a painted surface. Again, this is real experience. I would not hesitate to use Bilgecoat, if that was your original question.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I felt certain that someone would come along and say that you cannot possibly do what I have, in fact, done. I will reiterate: I have an often wet bilge that has had a painted surface for eight years with zero lifting, peeling, or any other sort of failure, and is actually still glossy. navis92, it is your boat and you can do whatever you want. I was just trying to give some real life, factual, time tested personal experience.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.