SailNet Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know its been reviewed before but if you go to Blackrock CT and stay at the Capts Cove (btw which is recommended:cheap slips,clean heads and bar/resturant on the premises )while the walk into town isnt recommended due several questionable blocks between the town and the marina its just a 7.00 cab ride to town and well worth it. The main street has many resturants and pubs. I will recommend the Tou Tog Pub (have the half penny stout brewed locally) and a place called Firehouse or Brickhouse i think,an Italian Resturant with a Pub style bar. The food was outrageous and not expensive
by NY standards. Overall a fun destination.

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
Thanks for the info. I typically bypass Black Rock because of the location near Bridgeport, choosing Norwalk or Milford instead. May have to try it sometime.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I always bypassed it too Jim. A friend who lives in the town clued us in on the place and took us out on the town for dinner and a pub crawl which was a alot of fun. Many places with live music aswell

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Hey,

I usually hit Captains Cove at least once a year. For me it's a very simple trip across the sound. The people are run the place are very friendly and the prices are great. The last two times I stayed there they asked if I was going to have dinner on site. When I said yes they told me that the slip would be free.

The food is not great and the bar isn't either but the location is good and it's very convenient. I head there when my buddies come to town for a sailing weekend. We hit that place the first night so they can get their sea legs on the trip over, and then we get the partying part of the weekend out of the way too.

Barry

·
Registered
150 Posts
We spent a few night at Captain's Cove last July and took cabs back and forth to the gathering of the Vibes music festival. We left the dock during the day and anchored off seaside park and took dinghy and kayaks into the festival as well. Fun trip. Would do it again this year but the line-up of acts at the festival is not so great. COming from Stamford so it is an easy half day sail up the coast.

For a place to stop on a cruise and dock and walk to restaurants I much prefer Milford Landing.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Stayed at CC overnight two years ago. Easy to get to from the sound. Agree with previous comment. Nice people. Bar and food just ok. We stayed there on a Monday so the place was dead. Had to walk to supermarket to get a cup of coffee. I wouldn't not avoid it in the future, but after my one time experience I am definitely not drawn back there.

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
People should be aware that the Black Rock Yacht Club, which they pass on the way to Captain's Cove, has two guest moorings available for visitors. Their restaurant is excellent, as is the view from it. The walk to 'town' from there is not sketchy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts