1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Telstar 28
993 Posts
Cool... thanks for posting that. :)

·
Crazy Woman Boat Driver
840 Posts
Thanks for the post. Part 2 is freaken awesome! The call of the sea is shouting at me!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Loved it! It reminded me of the pristine mid-Atlantic air. Up forward in the galley, someone opens a tin of tuna fish or peanut butter, and instantly the crew in the cockpit can smell it! Lands people often think (wrongly) that the air must smell like the seaside...that tangy smell of decaying kelp etc., but it doesn't. Once any distance offshore the air is antiseptically clean. Thanks for the link.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Part one

Yes I agree that is very well done, I'm looking forward to more from him. You should be able to gt part one from the same link.

·
Banned
17,467 Posts
Just saw the rest last night. Man, that dude in the row boat - Graham Walters! INSANE! And he made it across! Talk about stones.

I would have loved to have seen that doc!

·
Cal20
35 Posts
I think he captured the hours and hours of monotony quite well but where are the moments of sheer terror? Man I can't wait to go. Someday. I'm sure the experience is much different on a sailboat that on an aircraft carrier.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think he captured the hours and hours of monotony quite well but where are the moments of sheer terror? Man I can't wait to go. Someday. I'm sure the experience is much different on a sailboat that on an aircraft carrier.
They were certainly blessed with a perfect weather window

·
Banned
17,467 Posts
No kidding Smylie. Talk about ideal. BTW - were those warps they were dragging off the stern in a couple of the scenes? The waves didn't look that big to me - but I've never been out so I don't really know.

What do you think? Were they necessary in what you see in the vid?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
SD:mad:(the disgruntled one)

I watched it again and the only thing I'm seeing is the generator being towed. Unless I am not seeing something your are. Another observation is the only time you see a life jacket/harness is when she is on the night watch. Unless they don't show everything they had one perfect crossing. I have never done a crossing but when I do, that is the weather I want.

David:)

·
Telstar 28
993 Posts
LOL... the magic of video editing...:) Yeah, they probably had some really snotty weather, but they're not going to show that on the finished piece...don't want to scare people away from sailing and have them think it is a dangerous sport.

the gruntled SD. :)

I watched it again and the only thing I'm seeing is the generator being towed. Unless I am not seeing something your are. Another observation is the only time you see a life jacket/harness is when she is on the night watch. Unless they don't show everything they had one perfect crossing. I have never done a crossing but when I do, that is the weather I want.

·
Banned
17,467 Posts

Okay - that makes sense. Again, I don't know enough to know the difference. I was just curious.

Good point about the jackets and harnesses. When I finally leap, I'd like to be able to knead dough for hours on end as well. Then I could make biscuits and chuck 'em at the dolphins.

BTW - dude, I'm gruntled! What's with the frowny face?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts