SailNet Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
17,467 Posts
Chall - good to see you back around dude!

We're in the same hunt as you. I've been researching and looking at a hell of a lot of boats with the same issues in mind.

I love the Benes and Catalinas. All of them I've looked at have been really nice, exciting boats. If it were just up to my impulsive self, I'd most likely spring for a Bene in the 40' range for our upcoming coastal boat purchase. Fast and cool.

But, thinking about all the same issues you've listed above, I've decided to narrow my search to a heavier boat with a CC. It'll be a more comfortable ride for the wife and kids than a beamy hotrod - and, overall, will afford us more protection from my horrendous sailing abilities and poor judgement.

So yeah, I'm kind of digging the old shoe for our near term coastal life. I'll just race the C27 in our lake and enjoy that.

·
Banned
17,467 Posts
Smack, Good to see you realize there's more than BFS. i2f
Woah, woah, woah - just to be clear pal...there is NOTHING "more than BFS"! Everything else is just piddling around waiting for Beaufort to get to the party!

Actually, that's the beauty of BFS - it's not boat dependent, you don't need no stinkin' Bene to throwdown. As a matter of fact, a sturdy mutha of a boat will now actually allow me to stumble into far more BFSs because I can completely blow off wx reports and stuff.

What could possibly go wrong?

·
Banned
17,467 Posts
I'm never going to complain about wakes in our marina again. Holy crap that dude has some stones!

"No worries mates. Grab another VB and find something to grab onto! We're goin' out!"

·
Banned
17,467 Posts
Thanks John. I guess I'll need to re-think things a bit. I just put down a deposit on a 21' ferro cement ketch with a CC. I'll insist they throw in a dodger - and wetsuits.

Seriously, we're looking in the 40+ range. Good write up.

(PS - Cam, I'm a little surprised that you'd put up such a video in the general forum. I think I heard some dirty words. Can you bleep those - then we're all good.)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.