SailNet Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My PO (or his PO) had something large and rectangular screwed into the bulkhead that left 4 screw holes and some nice discoloration on the teak laminate. I've since addressed all the leaks and corrected the discoloration as much as possible. Now I'd like to cover that eye sore up. (I already have a bookcase, it's right next to the eyesore.)

So, I'm curious what kind of "Art" people have hung in their boat? I thought about framing a picture of me and sticking it up there... Might keep the unwanteds away.... :p

Pics please!

Q: What do you call a guy with no arms and no legs hanging on your bulkhead? :laugher

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Saw a nice oil painting at one time that would have been great on a boat; It was a full rig ship tipping off the edge of the world with some its boats in the water trying to tow it away from that edge... The plaque on the frame had the old saw, "I told you so."
Wish I had the money at the time to buy that painting....

And in answer to your question about that guy!? Shark bait.

·
Registered
308 Posts
i hava xtra small lighthouse calender tagged into bulkhead where something else was but u may be rite ur pic might scare away the boogy man, r u in the bay yet?

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Now you have a place to put one of them thar flat screen Telies

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I can't post the pictures here yet.... sailnet won't allow it (and I am something of a grandma when it comes to technology)
but here's a link, (I hope)

·
2,449 Posts
Funny you should ask. We've been looking though some old photos to decide what to print and frame for the boat. This one is going on the aft bulkhead next to the companionway and something from Key West will go on the other side:

We're thinking about this for the forward bulkhead above the table when it's folded up:

A 5x7 of this one is going on the v-berth bulkhead:

I'm still on the fence about whether I want to do plain black frames, mahogany or maybe cherry.

We've also got our mascot that we found in Costa Rica hanging around:

The previous owner had some nice intarsia sailboats on the bulkheads, but it's too much wood tone, and not enough color, so they'e going as part of our spring cleaning.

Jim

·
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I was thinking of putting some sweet print of an old shoe up there. Catalinas are great and all, CD, but I'm not sure they're bulkhead material. :)

Maybe I'll go with the girl on the pole in the really painful looking bosun's chair.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts