SailNet Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, all

i had a leaky hatch in the head compartment and i'm trying to find a replacement for it.
- Hatch-hull opening: 14 3/4" x 4 3/4"
- Hatch: 14 1/2" x 4 1/2"

See attached images...

I've tried looking online but in vain.

Any ideas ?

Thanks,

Attachments

·
Registered
23,984 Posts
Try Hatchmasters. They sell some, can fix almost anything and know the history and suppliers of everything else.

https://hatchmasters.com/hatch-repair/

Where is the leak? Does it simply need to be re-bed? Hatchmasters can replace glass, if that's the leak.

·
Banned
12,366 Posts
Yup, you're correct - hopefully i'll manage to get some time in the coming spring.
Pay good attention to the surrounding area if there was an issue with water intrusion. It may require some new glassing, core repair if there is one.

I have replaced a couple of ports and it was not difficult. Just make sure the new port is embedded into a good fitting and solid foundation.

Good luck.😄😄😄

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Pay good attention to the surrounding area if there was an issue with water intrusion. It may require some new glassing, core repair if there is one.

I have replaced a couple of ports and it was not difficult. Just make sure the new port is embedded into a good fitting and solid foundation.

Good luck.😄😄😄
What sealant did you use to caulk it ?
THanks,

·
Banned
12,366 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
I replaced 4 portlights with New Found Metals stainless units. I highly recommend them - great quality, at a fair price. Installation is not difficult - about 4 hours each.
The NFM 14x4" model looks to match your opening

1 - 10 of 10 Posts