SailNet Community banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is belongs to a developer we do a lot of work for, he bought this new 5 yrs ago and immediately got biggerboatitis; the boat has spent the last 3.5 yrs. in Shelter Island boatyard in rehab and over the weekend it was moved from Shelter Island to Driscos boatyard ( just up the street ) to do the finishing touches. I don't know the final price tag but I hear he could have bought two more. He had the transom extended 11', had a new flybridge added, all new interior and repowed, (the new engines were over a mil each)

Anywho, here's some photos of this once 89' pleasure yacht that's now a 100' sportfisher

Alessa Leigh hit veiw all, then chick photo to enlarge if ya want

They had to remove some palm trees on shelter Island drive to get her up the street

·
Registered
5,678 Posts
Nice looking engines! I'm a bit skeptical of the price tag, but either way, he should at least be able to afford a Rocna for the bow roller!:D

·
Registered
6,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice looking engines! I'm a bit skeptical of the price tag, but either way, he should at least be able to afford a Rocna for the bow roller!:D
I have no idea, I found it hard to believe myself, but not knowing any better, I gotta go with what I was told

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
When we fetched our boat in San Diego this vessel was in the yard under covers and the contractors were cutting and hammering away behond the plastic, that was in May 2007.

The local broker said something like $1.2m had been spent on remodelling at that time so I guess it's probably way past there by now.

Still, $1m for an engine . . . . nah, I don't think so. Sounds like one of the workers wanting to impress . . .

Looking at the pics, there's still a long way to go or were those taken some time ago?

·
2,448 Posts
Why?

·
Registered
6,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Still, $1m for an engine . . . . nah, I don't think so. Sounds like one of the workers wanting to impress . . .
Nah, one of our PM's is good buddies with Scott and this is what he told me, I asked again this morning and he said he was pretty sure of the number, but then again, he goes over budget on every project :laugher

Looking at the pics, there's still a long way to go or were those taken some time ago?
I understand it's 3-4 months away for being complete, Pics were taken either Saturday or Sunday Morning ( 16th or 17th )

Poopy. We are not impressed. It doesn't have a bimini.
CD it has 6 BBQ and 4 nekked girls with umbrellas and one of them is not his wife, now how's that for impressive

1 - 12 of 12 Posts