SailNet Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All!

We're planning to ship our 32' Aloha from Seattle to San Francisco this summer.

Do you have a recommendation on a good shipper?
...or suggestions as to whom we should avoid?

We thought about sailing her down with a hired captain, but decided against it due to time constraints, the boat's condition, and our lack of blue-water sailing skills.

Thanks in advance!! :)

·
islander bahama 24
1,842 Posts
How bad of shape is the vessel is it literally in unsailable or just a few items that need addressed to sail down the coast and what's your experience level now also your shipping budget?

·
formerly 'BoatyardBoy'
534 Posts
J. Daniel Marine is what I used for my 47 Kaufman last month from San Francisco to NOLA. Great people and they send you awesome picture updates during the transport. Also, they were the best priced I found for my boat and the distance.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
N&N...
5 years ago, we had a Hunter 34' shipped from Santa Cruz to Seattle with Dudley Boat Transport. Their trucks ply I-5 very frequently and we found them to be responsive and flexible. Good service, good price. We used them at the advice of the folks at Signature Yachts, who use them for shipping some of their inventory. I believe Dudley is domiciled in Gig Harbor, website is dudleyboats.com.

The decomissioning and recommissioning at each end was much more painful and expensive than the shipping!

·
formerly 'BoatyardBoy'
534 Posts
Dudley would be my second choice, they were nice and good price but the dates didn't work in time.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey All!

We're planning to ship our 32' Aloha from Seattle to San Francisco this summer.

Do you have a recommendation on a good shipper?
...or suggestions as to whom we should avoid?

We thought about sailing her down with a hired captain, but decided against it due to time constraints, the boat's condition, and our lack of blue-water sailing skills.

Thanks in advance!! :)
Have you heard about Citizenshipper Boat shipping service ? I recently used them to ship my boat from San Francisco to dewalt. The pricing there is quiet good. And i really like their service. They have reliable, professional boat haulers that leave overpriced transporters in their wake(check). They can connect you to veterans of the business who’ll deliver your boat door-to-port or vice versa, quickly and safely.

Anyways whoever you chose here is some tip for you guys which can help you in shipping your boat:-

1. Disconnect batteries, empty water and fuel tanks
2. Close and secure doors, hatches and seal with tape
3. Perform a thorough inspection before the transport

Cheers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts