SailNet Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Closet Powerboater
3,925 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my sailing-cutie and I are getting hitched this fall and we're drawing up a wedding registry. Actually, in principle the idea of a registry offends me, but since we're odd ducks and live on a boat, we think it is important. Otherwise we'll end up with a bunch of 110v blenders (instead of winch powered), a living room set and breakable china....

We don't want to put hardcore boat stuff on the registry like a Haarken windward sheeting traveler because people won't know what it is and we want people to be able to imagine us having fun using their gifts. Most of the items we want to put on there should have an obvious use and be priced between $20-$300. eg. a marine BBQ.

So far we've got an inflatable kayak, a portable BBQ for shore side picnics, a picnic backpack set, a teak cutting board, some sailing books, and a good set of marine binoculars.

Any suggestions for fun stuff to put on our list?

MedSailor

· Closet Powerboater
3,925 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We are planning to do the same. Can you register with WestMarine? How are you setting this up.
Hopefully not! Unelss you have rich friends and family. ;-)

We use myregistry.com I think. Will confirm with sailingcutie. It's pretty cool as it allows you to easily link to items from any website including west marine). They also have no fees except if people make cash gifts through the site.

Great suggestions so far. Thanks! I like the teather idea. I'm sure there are many family members who would love to shower us in safety equipment. After all sailing offshore in a small boat is madness! :laugher

MedSailor

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.