SailNet Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I hope I'm allowed to post this here on this forum. I thought it would be permitted as I have now given up selling the boat and want to see what people have that they could offer me instead of cash for my yacht.

It is a 30ft steel Van de Stadt which is out of the water in Puerto Sherry, Spain. It is 99% ready for cruising and it comes with the most unbelievable list of extras (because I moved to Chile and couldn't take anything with me - including the yacht).

I have built an entire website with photo galleries on the yacht (can't put the link on here yet). With the swap you can even have the domain name and website if you want.

My wife and I are very adventurous and are willing to consider anything from vehicles to small tropical islands.

We read on the 'net about a guy who had a paper clip and ended up after 14 swaps with a house. By our reckoning, starting with a yacht, after 14 swaps we should end up with a small country!!!!

We look forward to all suggestions - serious and not so serious!!

Take care.

Brian and Andrea

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok, thanks.

it didn't let me put a link in because i'm a newbie!

however, it is off4asail.com

enjoy the photos.

B and A

·
Registered
418 Posts
Here ya go...Off 4 a Sail

Maybe your post would do better in the boat buying/seller forum?

At any rate, why not follow in the footsteps of the guy with the paper clip, trade the boat for my 4 inch paper clip with a cat face at one end. That would be a good start and I don't think the wife would mind the trade...then you would be on your way to fame and fortune my friend! :rolleyes: :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ooooops, sorry about that. I didn't see the link to the classified section.

I'm heading over there now!

However, I must regretfully inform you that I have decided against the trade for your oversized paperclip.

B and A

·
Registered
7 Posts
Well....lessee here, what could I offer....

First things that come to mind are my fabulous collection of PEZ-Dispensers and a comprehensive training program in Finite Element Analysis and CAD-Software usage, along with the requisite software packages. (I am also a mechanical engineer! :) Hey wait, come to think of it, this is actually not such a silly trade idea after all......)
Anyway - seeing as how the PEZ/CAD Combo is rather less than exciting, I could offer 10 days / year in our fabulous Munich apartment, located centrally (very centrally) withing easy walking distance of the Oktoberfest and all major cultural attractions, and less than an hour from skiing, hiking, etc in the Alps. We could do it for....say....7 years....or maybe just seven trips within the next twenty years....
As an additional perk, you could use the boat as you please should you be in Europe, and should I become fabulously wealthy and by a house in the lake district or elsewhere, you could go there too.
My family and I would not be in the apartment when you were there, but you could use it as if it were your own....unless of course you find the company of witty, itelligent, and above all, modest people entertaining.....perhaps in such a case, we could hang out.

Please feel free to respond and negotiate. I can highly recommend the PEZ collection. Its presence in my home has given me a tremendous boost in self-esteem and is the envy of all my friends. All this could be yours!

Wookie1974

·
Warm Weather Sailor
1,040 Posts
I'll give you the contents of my basement for it. Thirty years worth of stuff I should have got rid of long ago. Includes such gems as a Tonka Winnebago (as seen on Seinfeld, remember the one where Jerry wants to play with all the toys?) You pay the shipping.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the replies.

Wookie, nice idea, well thought out - you have been penciled onto my very short list of offers.

Vasco, I think I might need an in-depth inventory of your basement before we go any further.

Keep these ideas coming please.

B and A

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
A manx cat.... hmmm!!!!!

Now that wouldn't be a cool looking twin hulled sailing vessel would it????

If it is more the feline version then our two Yorkshire Terrorists (as I call them) wouldn't get along too well with it!

Thanks anyway (but I live in hope the a Manx cat is a a twin hull from the Isle of Man).

B and A

1 - 10 of 10 Posts