SailNet Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 1969 30 ft. sloop. A classic sailboat, designed by John Illingworth, really a pleasure to sail.
We're three, so a 30 ft it's ok for us.
I've always wanted to change this sailboat with a bigger one, let's say in the 38-39 range even if this one it's ok for my needing (I cruise in the Med, so there're not very long distances to cover).
Here in Italy if you own a 30 ft. you're in the low range, everybody now own sailboat from 42 up...
I'd like to know how's the situation in other countries...
Here's a picture of my Fulvia III.
Ciao ciao.

Michele

·
560 Posts
Pretty boat, Michele.

I wouldn't move up in size just because everyone else is. We call that "keeping up with the Joneses" and most feel thats a good way to never be happy.

If you like you're boat, keep your boat. Who cares what everyone else is sailing.

·
Telstar 28
993 Posts
Just remember, larger boats cost you more in terms of slip fees, maintenance, haulouts, etc. If you like your boat and it is big enough, why change to a bigger boat?

·
Registered
433 Posts
I own a 1969 30 ft. sloop. A classic sailboat, designed by John Illingworth, really a pleasure to sail.
Here in Italy if you own a 30 ft. you're in the low range, everybody now own sailboat from 42 up...
I'd like to know how's the situation in other countries...
Here's a picture of my Fulvia III.
Ciao ciao.
Michele
You have a nice boat, looks nice anyway. Take a look at the Poll Page and check out some of the polls that have been taken. You will see that most boats are in the same range as yours including length & age. Most sailors are over 40 years old too.

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
There is nothing wrong with being over 40... In fact I am over 40 by a tad amount.

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Wait!! No I am not!!

I am 28-years old with 40 years of experience of being 28-years old. And 51 years of sea time

1 - 6 of 6 Posts