1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Telstar 28
1,000 Posts
Umm... he was speeding across a lake at midnight... Darwin in action.

·
Telstar 28
1,000 Posts
No one forced him to drive a boat across a lake at night at high speed. I'm just glad that he didn't kill any innocent bystanders. He made a choice... and that choice has consequences. I'm getting really tired of people having sympathy for idiots who put themselves and others at danger. There is such a thing as personal responsibility and accountability for one's own actions. :rolleyes:

Stating "Darwin in action" might be a bit inappropriate. No matter how stupid he might have been, a man died.

·
An Aussie Sailor
122 Posts
No one forced him to drive a boat across a lake at night at high speed. I'm just glad that he didn't kill any innocent bystanders. He made a choice... and that choice has consequences. I'm getting really tired of people having sympathy for idiots who put themselves and others at danger. There is such a thing as personal responsibility and accountability for one's own actions. :rolleyes:

Totally agree, we get the same thing here when some teenagers kill themselves in cars doing something dumb. I always say "well as long as no innocent person was hurt it's now one less idiot out on the roads who might have one day killed me or someone I care about".

Mychael

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Yeah but this guy was old enough to have already sired others with his mentality.
Or you could say that He had already polluted the Gene pool.

·
An Aussie Sailor
122 Posts
Yeah but this guy was old enough to have already sired others with his mentality.

I'm sure this will fire everyone up. Is it just me that's noticed or is it that the great unwashed seem to always breed more with more kids then the more educated class?.

Mychael

·
Banned
17,467 Posts
Mip - I take it you consider yourself unwashed?

Look everyone knows that smart people just have a difficult time fitting "the nasty" into their busy schedules.

Seriously, dude. Whatever.

·
Somewhat Senior Member
619 Posts
Got yer back on this one SD. I too am weary of stupid actions being somebody else's fault. Actions have consequences. Let the fools pay them and let's not call them heros nor victims. I'm sorry for his survivors as I'm sure they mourn his passing. I'll save my sympathy for them and not the fellow whos thoughtless conduct cause them grief.

MGM

·
cap'n chronic
235 Posts
Im with SD on this one.The waters are safer without this guy.
Sucks that he died but at least he went alone.
Safeboater, your 3 for 3 now on the depressing posts.

·
Apropos of Nothing
1,736 Posts
I feel bad for the people that have to drink the water out of that reservoir. Blecch.

What's that strange taste? Gasoline and old guy corpse.

·
An Aussie Sailor
122 Posts
Serious for a moment though. For those that don't know I am a Paramedic and we make jokes amongst ourselves about our "compassion gland". It regenerates slowly and is saved for those that genuinely need/deserve it.

I have been to many, many incidents/accidents over there yrs and I can honestly say I have never, ever attended a motor car accident that was an "accident", every single job I attended was due to some twit doing something they should not have been doing, often involving some poor innocent person as well.

Of the only two boating incidents I've attended, one was a crewman in tanker who came back to the ship pissed as a newt and broke his leg falling down the companionway ladder. The other was injuries, luckily no deaths (maybe) of a bunch of Aussie rednecks, drinking and fishing in an overloaded open boat, no safety gear and in the wrong weather.

People MUST LEARN to take responsibility for themselves or at the very least be considerate enough not to endanger others.

End of rant.

Mychael

·
Registered
515 Posts
I agree with most here, true accidents are few and far between. Nearly all are caused by someone doing something stupid and getting hurt because of it. Sad part is that cautious people subsidize their stupidity, and they are the ones who have to live with the repercusions.

Idiocracy has always been one of my prophetic movie examples, there was a short story years ago 'march of the morons' that had the same concept, intelligent people are practicing birth control, while morons are breeding like flies.

My theory is that people with above average IQs owe it to the world to have as many children as possible!

Ken.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have been involved in wilderness search and rescue for a long time, and for the last 9 years in top management. There are truly accidents, and innocent people getting lost or stranded due to unforeseen circumstances or events, and due to lack of knowledge or what they should have or do to keep themselves safe. On the other hand, there are the INS missions, meaning Interfering with Natural Selection. At the end of the day, you just feel that you have reintroduced someone to the gene pool that tried to take himself out of it.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts