SailNet Community banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
S&S.... Yup. several different designs of theirs in my marina and they are iconic - like the Tartan 37.
Design trivia: the late Robert Smith (NA), designer of the Cascade's, apprenticed with S&S when he was young and starting out.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I dont sail.. been looking into it since i was a child (life decided i had responsibilities). I can think of a LOT of boats that have almost cultish folllowings. From people hand building Herreschoff designs to Morgan out islands to Roberts "kindof a racing yacht kindof a sexy cruiser" designs. I think most of the people who actually sail and dont just use a sailboat as a trailer are fetishists who will bleed out defending their favorite.

·
Registered
7 Posts
S&S.... Yup. several different designs of theirs in my marina and they are iconic - like the Tartan 37.
Design trivia: the late Robert Smith (NA), designer of the Cascade's, apprenticed with S&S when he was young.
perfect comment. I have a fetish for the morgan out island.. also brucer roberts designs... ive seen a lot of people who worship the tartan.. etc etc..... i think sailors are romantics.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts