SailNet Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! Is Bobby's in Road Town open once again? I saw a news articles from August 2013 reporting that he had closed "for renovations." I am heading down on 2/28 for a bareboat charter - our 3rd consecutive year! We have always chartered out of Fat Hogs Bay near EIS, which has a Riteway within walking distance. We are chartering out of Road Town this year, and I am looking for a budget-friendly place to provision. ($20 per person per day for Riteway's casual dinners ashore package is a bit too rich for our taste!). Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Christy in Columbus OH

·
Michigan Marine Dealer
10 Posts
Hey Christy, Just self provision at Riteway, it’s cheaper. Or log on to their site and they’ll deliver it to the boat.

·
112 Posts
I was there this past December and seem to remember Bobby's being open. However, there is Riteway in Road Town and you should definitely check it out before committing to Bobby's.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I DO NOT recommend provisioning with Bobby's unless you physically go to the store. We ordered on-line, confirmed 3 times and the delivery service was HORRIBLE. :hothead

Keith

·
Mermaid Hunter
5,689 Posts
We are chartering out of Road Town this year, and I am looking for a budget-friendly place to provision. ($20 per person per day for Riteway's casual dinners ashore package is a bit too rich for our taste!).
We eat quite well on $12-15/person/day with no meals ashore. It get's cheaper to provision (although the total numbers go up) if you eat off the boat sometimes. I'm not a big fan of the pre-planned meals. Too much waste, too much salt, not always to our taste.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts