SailNet Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Read Only
87,689 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Cascade 29 cutter that I love but the interior room is on the verge of cramped when the whole family is on the boat. I like the fact that the boat has a reputation as a rock solid blue water worthy cruiser but I want a little more head/elbow room. The bombay clipper is a boat that has always interested me though. I am aware the performace isn't that of the Cascade but it would certainly be more comfortable. There is a BC 31in my area for sale but I'm just not sure I can give up my beloved Cascade yet. Sure would make the family trips more enjoyable though.

This is going to be a tough decision for me and sure could use some opinions from others on the board.

· Read Only
87,689 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the input. The BBC I am considering purchasing has the 2QM15G motor. Sounds like a repower might be in order. I plan to sail the boat primarily on the Columbia river and will be taking trips up the Washington coast to the San Juans and possibly the inside passage. The extreme tidal currents in some of the areas I'll be sailing seem like they might be a bit much for the 15hp. Do you think a different prop might help here? I don't think I'll be able to afford to repower right away since an autopilot, chartplotter and radar will be first on the list.

Was also curious to know if there is space somewhere on the boat for an extra fuel tank as I could see motoring a bit more in this boat than the cascade not to mention there is a diesel heater onboard and winter sailing in the NW (for my family at least) requires a toasty cabin.

Thanks agin for the help.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.