SailNet Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Master Mariner
9,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried this product? My wife found it online and we watched the video. It sounds way too good to be true, for boat repairs and maintenance.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
I believe dentists have been using this for more than twenty years. They can form a cap on a tooth, shape it and then set it with a blue light similar to the one shown. The resulting tooth has close to the same density, strength and expansion coefficient as a natural tooth so it will stay put for a long, long time.
John

·
Old enough to know better
4,345 Posts
I believe dentists have been using this for more than twenty years. They can form a cap on a tooth, shape it and then set it with a blue light similar to the one shown. The resulting tooth has close to the same density, strength and expansion coefficient as a natural tooth so it will stay put for a long, long time.
John
Yes I have some that has been in my mouth for about 40 years now. I was my fathers first attempt and it has lasted a LONG time!

·
Registered
690 Posts
While the concept of a light cure resin is the same the materials used in dentistry to restore a tooth are vastly different.
Jim

1 - 9 of 9 Posts