SailNet Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this is the right section, but here's hoping :)

As is assumed; I'm into sailboats and enjoy sailing. I also like reading about sailboats, history, and enjoy reading why things are the way they are. I just finished reading "Warships of the Great Lakes 1754-1834" by Robert Malcomson. For Canadian Naval History, it was a solid read.

Though I've been reading quite a bit too much history lately and want to get in touch with modern (or even non-modern) design philosophies.

If anyone knows any solid, readily-available books I could pick up on sail design, keel design, overall sailboat design, etc. I'm all for it!

I tried to see if I could get a copy of "100 Small Boat Sail Rigs" by Philip Bolgers (I think?), but the cheapest copy I can find is 83$, and that's a no go.

I'm in Canada, Ontario if that matters.

Thanks, guys!

·
Registered
545 Posts
Understanding Boat Design by Ted Brewer, Skene's Elements of Yacht Design By Francis S. Kinney, Ted Brewer Explains Sailboat Design, you better be able to read mathematics.
lots of boat designs, Vol 6 Sailing designs by Robert H. Perry, fifty wooden boats by wooden Boat Magazine, Sailboats and Auxiliaries You Can Build volume 33 by Motor Boating. This is what I am trying to wrap my mind around. Hang around this forum there are a few interesting people who know something about boat design.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts