SailNet Community banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stepped the mast for the first time on our new to us Venture 21 and after hooking up the boom it seems alittle low. My question is can you raise it? After we raised the main sail we realized there is a bit of slack in it... Is that normal when yard yachting? (aka not on water and making sure everything works properly) or should the sail have tension in it? If I raise the boom it will have more slack in it than before is that ok? Please let me know.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
From the drawing here VENTURE 21 it looks like the boat has a low boom.

My boat is a similar size and vintage and the gooseneck on my boom slides up and down the sailtrack on the mast. It has little screw-in stops to keep it in place.

·
Administrator
5,924 Posts
If there's absolutely no wind, the sails will be slack because there isn't any wind to fill them. Like they'll look if you point directly upwind on the water.

·
Learning the HARD way...
7,666 Posts
I would post pics but it wont let me

Posting pics directly to SN has NEVER worked....

Post photos to flickr, photobucket, snapfish, youtube, whatever image hosting service you like, and then post a LINK here with a "
" after, and life is good... or at least better.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.