SailNet Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any experience with "Bottom Dave" in Jacksonville, FL for bottom jobs? He is recommended by the Green Cove Springs Marina website, but I haven't been able to get any independent information from anywhere. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
First hand experience here.....Dave is bloody awesome, a nice guy and a tough cookie. He was right next to me last month for several days in the miserable Florida heat and humidity doing a bang up bottom job. Quoted me a very reasonable $450 for a bottom job on my 32 footer. If you want to shorten your life span by submitting your body to punishing conditions for several days, go for it.:)
Peter

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
"Quoted me a very reasonable $450 for a bottom job on my 32 footer. " Did the 450 include paint? If so even I, cheapest of the cheaps, would pay that.

·
I don't discuss my member
2,622 Posts
If a marina endorses, the marina should provide information on satisfied customers.

Dot and John
Really? You want your marina providing your contact information to complete strangers? :rolleyes:

Further, the marina is merely providing a list of "Approved Vendors." They appear to make no judgement about the quality of those vendors.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts