SailNet Community banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
As for the pepper yes it does, I was not a sure at first but, can show a pic of the result after a year and a half, the bottom was cleaned at Dartmouth Yacht Club in Nova Scotia, and those who saw her bottom really questioned whether the boat hadn't been cleaned before, the scene under the keel was the proof.
WOW - I'd be interested in seeing this and wondering why this doesn't become commercial... I am interested I usually take certain folklores to be eh - but if this is the case....

·
Registered
278 Posts
Sorry don't know how to attach pictures here but have just added the four pic's to my photo album, and what is under the keel on the ground, is what was hanging from the flat of the keel as had never put the treated bottom paint there, was still a little bit of a non believer when I first applied it. The orginal job was done at the Nepean yacht club in Otawa Ontario, where I had been told by a former resident of Florida.

·
Registered
4,507 Posts
I put on 5 coats of Mas epoxy on my bottom. Two coats were thickened epoxy. I am trying out Vivid bright yellow bottom paint for the first time. Practical sailor gave it a pretty good review.

·
11,766 Posts
I am right across the creek from Sailormitch and T37chef. Amazing I did the same as Mitch. Black Trinidad for the first coat. Blue ablative for the second. I do have a diver go down and do the bottom in July or so as we usuallly slow down under power at that point as there has been growth in the summer in Rock Creek due to its warm nature. Since you are close to us and have virtually the same salinity I would assume you would have the same sucess with this ( I can furnish you the name as everyone in our club uses him).

We intend to just power wash this year in the spring on a quick hall and paint again next year. We are in an every other year cycle it seems.

Dave

·
I don't discuss my member
2,622 Posts
WOW - I'd be interested in seeing this and wondering why this doesn't become commercial... I am interested I usually take certain folklores to be eh - but if this is the case....
"Pepper in the paint" has been around for many, many years. The reason you don't see it being used commercially is that it probably doesn't really work, at least not everywhere. I have heard or read as many negative reports about it as positive.

·
Barkeep - Sailor's Pub
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
All Done....

Thanks for all the input guys.

I went with the Petit.

1 Coat of Blue hard.

2 Coats of the black ablative.

We'll see how she looks after the summer.

All the best,
Craig

21 - 27 of 27 Posts