SailNet Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been using Micron 66 on our sailboat the last 4 years and like the results. We are going to haul out again next month and I am looking at other options as the price of Mircon 66 is $299 per gallon and we need 7 gallons, ouch! I am told the the Ultima Pro by Petit is as good and around $190 per gallon. Has anyone used this paint?

·
Registered
Jeanneau 57
2,939 Posts
Although I like Petit bottom paints I have nothing to compare with. But if you haven't chosen your haulout I would recommend Nanny Cay for a bottom paint haulout, they occasionally have great deals at the store there and have the quickest turnaround and high-quality low-cost bottom painting. They can turn your boat around in a minimum of time and never use "island time". It might be worth giving them a call for comparison. Right now my boat is in need of a bottom paint but it is on the hard in Antigua nad I am debating sailing back to the BVI to get my bottom paint done.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.