SailNet Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Freedom isn't free
3,326 Posts
Reaction score
I'm having a hard time beieving the C16 can do (more than) half the speed of the wind unless it's a beam reach. Maybe its me.

So either your windspeeds are wrong (how did you measure) or your measured SOG is wrong (although I suspect you are using GPS).

· Freedom isn't free
3,326 Posts
Reaction score
Yeah I forgot to mention the C16 is a rugged little boat.. I HIGHLY recommend it in that size range to everyone.... Do you have the NEW C16 with the shoal/centerboard, or the older design with the round portlights and the shoal/scheel keel? I always liked the older ones in style, but the new ones are intriguing.

· Freedom isn't free
3,326 Posts
Reaction score
Nope the C16 is about as much "boat" as you can easily get in 16 feet. I wasn't at all being harsh on the C16... I love them, I've recommended them to others many times as a great starter, hell a great trailerable keel boat.

About the only other 16 footers I've considered were the Precision 165, and the Capri 16... By far and away the Compac 16 is the heaviest built and highest quality of the 3.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.