SailNet Community banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
I also do not understand why these vessels cannot be cleaned and cleared of all unnecessary items. Basically a day of putting away dishes, clothes, misc. boat parts, tidy sole, clean sink, tidy head, or anything else you would do if selling a land based home?

In the SBO site they had the similar query on why owners do not put a little effort to make the best salability and therefore get the best price on the sale.

I posted this well produced ad of a sold Hunter 28 which by the way sold basically for the full amount the owner requested and I guess you'll know why when you see how immaculate it is both outside and inside.

·
Registered
246 Posts
When I sold my Ericson I spent 2 days cleaning and moving stuff off the boat . Then I hired my buddys kid who was taking classes in photography. She sold in 5 days for the asking price. I paid the kid $40 for the pics and she typed the ad.
She'll have her broker's license in five years.... :D

·
Registered
246 Posts
I posted this well produced ad of a sold Hunter 28 which by the way sold basically for the full amount the owner requested and I guess you'll know why when you see how immaculate it is both outside and inside.
It sold me. The only changes I can think of that would have made the ad even more compelling have nothing to do with the preparation of the boat, even. Model numbers for electronics and information about the displayed stuff would have been nice, on screen (to the side) and narrated. I can see "two burner" part of the cooker, but alcohol, propane, diesel? Compressor (12v, 120v, both?) or absorption cooler? That kind of information.

·
Registered
21,585 Posts
Has the family owned a boat before? Every major used purchase I've ever made, such as a boat, has required a couple of years of maintenance, systems replacements, etc, just until it calmed down to ordinary ongoing system failures. :) When you get into the size vessel you're considering, these moments arrive at a few grand a piece, it seems. Just be sure your plans/budget assume this. All the best with your adventure.

·
the family
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
We never had a boat before that's why we are in this modest budget, we are saving more 10k to to keep things going, to replacements and any problem for the first months.

·
Old enough to know better
4,342 Posts
I also do not understand why these vessels cannot be cleaned and cleared of all unnecessary items. Basically a day of putting away dishes, clothes, misc. boat parts, tidy sole, clean sink, tidy head, or anything else you would do if selling a land based home?

In the SBO site they had the similar query on why owners do not put a little effort to make the best salability and therefore get the best price on the sale.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpZbSjVFOz8
Yea, sometimes when I am board I look at "little yacht sales" videos, some nice tours of a variety of boats! They really do a nice job of staging videos, showing the unique features of the boats. I think he is using much better than a go pro, it does not have that distorted view of the go pro. They are great for action shots, but for detail no way.

·
Registered
21,585 Posts
We never had a boat before that's why we are in this modest budget, we are saving more 10k to to keep things going, to replacements and any problem for the first months.
Just be very careful with your purchase. Both the sails and the standing rigging could each eat up your entire reserve on a 40+ft boat. They are both wear items that will need to be replaced at some point. Be sure you know how old they are and how long you might have left. Although, longevity is never guaranteed.

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
miatapaul, the GoPro provides incredible detail because of the Ultra-Wide Angle lens. You can get very close and not be out of focus, thus providing excellent detail. That same lens will distort along the edges, because of the wide angle it provides, but inside a boat, where nearly everything is curved to conform to the hull, it really doesn't make a difference. I'll post some vids of my boat with the GoPro after I get things cleaned up and the boat is back in the water next month.

All the best,

Gary :cool:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ola´

meu nome é Otangelo Grasso. Sou suiço/italiano, mas moro há vinte anos no brasil. Sou casado com uma sergipana, e moro em aracaju capital. Temos uma filha de 3 anos de idade. Tenho a mesma intenção que voces , ou seja, comprar um veleiro, e velejar pelo mundo, pelo menos por dois anos. Gostaria de trocar idéias , e saber um pouco mais da trajetoria de voces. Sou literalmente marinheiro de primeira viagem também, ou seja, sou completamente " green ". Quero aprender tudo daqui em diante.

abraços

Otangelo

·
Registered
535 Posts
Ola´

meu nome é Otangelo Grasso. Sou suiço/italiano, mas moro há vinte anos no brasil. Sou casado com uma sergipana, e moro em aracaju capital. Temos uma filha de 3 anos de idade. Tenho a mesma intenção que voces , ou seja, comprar um veleiro, e velejar pelo mundo, pelo menos por dois anos. Gostaria de trocar idéias , e saber um pouco mais da trajetoria de voces. Sou literalmente marinheiro de primeira viagem também, ou seja, sou completamente " green ". Quero aprender tudo daqui em diante.

abraços

Otangelo
Welcome to the forum Otangelo.

You'd get better attention if you had started a new post, but if English is challenging for you, feel free to PM me and we'll share information.

Abraços

·
Registered
21,585 Posts
Ola´

abraços

Otangelo
Google translator is noted to be imperfect, but pretty cool, nonetheless......

https://translate.google.com/

Hello

My name is Otangelo Grasso . I am Swiss / Italian but I live twenty years in Brazil . I am married to a sergipana , and I live in aracaju capital . We have a daughter of 3 years old. I have the same intention that you guys , or buy a sailboat and sail around the world, at least for two years. I would like to exchange ideas, and learn a little more of the trajectory of you . It is literally first-timer also means that I am completely " green" . I want to learn everything from now on.

hugs

·
the family
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Oi Angelo,

que legal que vcs tem a mesma vontade. Pode perguntar. Esse post ja esta antigo e muita coisa mudou. Viemos pros USA, compramos um beneteau 43 reformamos algumas coisa e ainda estamos fazendo outro upgraddes. Estamos morando nele a 4 meses ja. procure no face ; Viver com a familia em um veleiro"vc vai sabeer nossa estoria e podemos conversar por la tb.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts