SailNet Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
I've had my B27 for just under a year and it is my first real "big" boat, but I feel that it is definitely an excellent boat for weekending on the bay. It is solid fiberglass, so you don't have to worry about core rot issues. it has a full, lead keel and a reasonable shallow water draft for gunkholing fun :) The systems are very simple which is great for learning how to fix things!
My only complaint is the usefulness of storage space, but I think a handy person could build in more useful shelves and cubbies fairly easily. The boat is very forgiving and easy to deal with as well, although not fast.
where abouts in the mid-atlantic are you located? I'm in Urbanna, VA, if you want to come take a sail or check out my setup feel free to PM me. Good luck with your search!

·
560 Posts
I've spent a fair amount of time on a 1968 B27. They are great little boats. They like to sail on their ear, but are very stout boats.

As Jonny mentioned, storage can be done in very creative ways, particularly with the outboard in the lazarette. You should reach out to soulesailor. It's his B27 I've sailed on and he's done amazing things with his boat. He cruises on that with his better half for weeks at a time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.