SailNet Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Hi Jim, can you take the strainer off and take a close up picture/ I don't have a shower in my boat so that is not something I have done. On my boat many things were installed and the boat built around it. I do know home shower drains, and they can be removed and replaced from the top, inside the shower with a special tool. Tool is a cheap little piece of metal that comes with the new fitting. Here is a setup you might have. See the caulking nut can be removed, and pipe is held water tight with the gasket. http://www.vizimac.com/shower-drain-installation/feature-template-3/

Good luck,
Eric

·
Registered
629 Posts
There is no room under my bathroom floor, and the bilge stops just short of the bathroom. I have a Centerboard setup. I built a heat exchanger for the engine and have a hand held, sink type sprayer and hose stored in the port lazarette long enough to use in the cockpit. Works great for washing down the cockpit whenever needed.

·
Registered
629 Posts
As long as that hose is not disturbed...and is is not exposed to UV and not under pressure. The hose can last for decades...or decades more. I have never replace either sink drain hoses, and the two water tank fill hoses. And theses hoses are in fine shape.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts