SailNet Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, Robert Gray over the past several years has been a big Make-A-Wish foundation fundraiser, with his trucking company and other means. He has raised $18k over the past 4 years. Great job Bob!

He has reproduced the stickers that were on the second generation models. The Blue ones. Two stickers for a min. $20 donation to Make-A-Wish.

https://secure2.wish.org/site/TR/InternalChapterEvent/Make-A-WishPhiladelphiaDelawareandSusquehannaValley?px=4667777&pg=personal&fr_id=3050&fbclid=IwAR27QfbaOUmRTYmEr71Jw69yglVU1IYju0kJu8AU3Nz4e4WAS7NolX07GAk

Thanks for your help,

Attachments

·
Registered
518 Posts
Delta-T do you happen to know the history of the Bristol logos? I thought they red over black (that is what is on my mainsail). I have seen the light blue over dark blue (I have a mug with that color logo and to be honest I thought it had faded :) )

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
You are correct, the classic logo is red and black, as I have on my sails too.

Well as far as I can tell the blues stickers are on some the second generation boats. The first gen boats before 1972 had a 4" round ABS plaque adjacent the transom, with the hull number stamped in the middle. They did not last long. I had Bristol Bronze reproduce them in bronze. You can get one for about $80.

The second gen boats after 1972 had no manufacture plaques that I know of. The blue logo stickers are an exact reproduction form an owner and several have been sold. Like 75 stickers. I do display the blue sticker on my 1968 B32 on the hull. It's nice to have some kind of ID. And the money goes to a great cause. Bob donated the cost of the stickers. Now I was just talking to Bob about doing a red and black run. We might do so. But it is not original equipment.

I will ask Clinton Person to see if he knows the progression. It also maybe something one of the sales locations put on the boats. I know the Chessy club uses a logo that is similar to the blue one.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts